I love grilled pineapple. I also like ice cream even though I eat much less sugar these days. This grilled pineapple and vanilla Ice-cream dish combines both nicely. I will not only make a delicious and tasty dessert, but will look beautiful on the grill as well. It is perfect for an easy summer dessert and is a unique way to use your grill. Easy and simple to make, a scoop of vanilla ice-cream served over grilled pineapple with a cream sauce makes a wonderful and luscious dessert.
This recipe is flexible. It makes a simple butterscotch sauce to add on top. You can buy that remade if you want to simplify things. For a less sweet dessert, grill the Pineapple without sweetening it first.
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 6 spears
- 1 ½ cup vanilla icecream
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Heat up your grill to medium and oil the grate.
- Heat a saucepan over medium and add the butter, sugar and nutmeg. Stir untill the sugar dissolves.
- Take a brush and apply the butter mixture to the pineapple slices.
- Grill the pineapple for about 5 minutes per side.
- Add the remaining butter back to the stove over medium heat.
- Mix in the brown sugar and heavy cream. Stir well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Keep stirring.
- Remove it from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Place the pineapple in the serving dishes, top with ice cream and butterscotch sauce. Serve
This one is devilish.
When I’m no longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg. –Snoop Dogg (Ice Cream Quote)