I love these chicken nacho bite appetizers. They are a great way to use up leftover Guacamole (get our Easy Guacamole recipe here) or a great excuse to mix up a new batch! Serve these up as snacks, appetizers, or for football game days.
I have to warn you that these Chicken Nacho Bites are pretty addictive. You can’t eat just one! But then, when they are so easy to make, that is not a problem. Just whip up some more of them when you run out.
The ingredients are simple. You just need a few basics and some basic spices. You can use premade store guacamole, or make your own. I like to make my own!
Season the chicken and brown it. Then cut it into bite-sized pieces.
I like to use cherry tomatoes from my garden for these, but again, store bought are also fine. I have so many cherry tomatoes this year though that I’m looking for anything and everything that I can do to use them! It is like my tomato plants are on steroids this year!
From there, simply assemble the Chicken Nacho bites. Start by spooning guacamole into a chip scoop. Tostitos scoops work really well for this. I have also been thinking of making these with Fritos scoops because I love those. They are one of my favorite ultra running chip fuels too. Come to think of it, they chicken nacho bites would be good fuel as well! I might stick some in a cooler for my next looped race.
Now, just add your chicken bites, cheese, and tomato! Garnish with cilantro, parsley or a bit of green onion.
The finished chicken nacho bites are colorful, attractive, and tasty!
Serve them up on a plate at a party and enjoy!
The recipe is below!
- 1 lb Chicken breast
- 1 16 oz bag of shredded cheese
- 1 Batch of guacamole
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1 large bag of Scoop Tostito chips
- Brown the chicken in a skillet for roughly five minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken and cut into slices.
- Place the chicken back in the skillet and add the chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- Remove the chicken and dice it into bite-size pieces.
- Open the chips and, using a spoon, add a dollop of guacamole to each chip.
- Place the chicken bites onto the chip.
- Add shredded cheese to the top of each slice of chicken.
- Slice the tomatoes and add to the top of the chip.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley.
This one is Devilish as many tasty snacks are!