Do you love cinnamon rolls? Then you absolutely have to try these slow cooker cinnamon rolls. They make for a perfect prepare-ahead breakfast!
At first blush, it might seem a bit odd to use premade cinnamon roll dough to make slow cooker cinnamon rolls over the course of 8 hours. But here is what is so cool about these easy to make rolls. You can put them in before bed and wake up to a fabulous smelling house and warm, tasty cinnamon rolls. These also greatly improve the taste and texture of the premade dough version when simply baked in the oven. They basically become like cinnamon monkey bread. Yum!
The ingredients are simple since you start off with premade dough. Just get two cans of your favorite brand. Be sure to spray your slow cooker with a non-stick spray or use a slow cooker liner.
For this recipe, the cinnamon roll dough is torn into pieces and about half is placed into the slow cooker in a single layer.
Next, a mix of milk, eggs, syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla extract is poured over the dough. Then the remaining pieces of are added on top. Slow cook the rolls for 6 to 8 hours on low. They will get nice and brown but stay soft.
Once finished, add the icing from the premade dough cans and serve those babies up!
These seriously are super good!
Here is the recipe
- 2 cans of cinnamon rolls
- ½ cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbs of vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of cinnamon
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray or use a slow cooker liner.
- Open both cans of cinnamon rolls and reserve the icing for later.
- Cut or tear the dough into bite size pieces
- Place a single layer of the cinnamon roll pieces in the slow cooker
- In a small bowl, mix the milk, eggs, syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the mix over the cinnamon roll pieces in the slow cooker.
- Top the mixture with the remaining cinnamon roll pieces.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker, set to low and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Once finished, remove the lid and add the icing.
- Plate and serve.
These are decadent, so they get a Devil icon! Cinnamon Roll Snack Rule Quote.