These Spiced Pear Pork Chops are a great dinner recipe for fall. They also are NSNG, Keto, Paleo, and Whole 30 friendly. Pears, while not totally free of carbs are pretty low carb and high fiber. Unlike a lot of spice pear pork chop recipes or similar recipes using apples, this recipe has no added sugar. The ingredients are simple!
Start off by heating 1 teaspoon of oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Dice up two pears into bite-size chunks. I like using pear instead of apple for a more unique pork chop recipe. Spiced apple pork chops are common, spiced pear pork chops are less so!
Next, combine the pears with cinnamon and nutmeg in the pan.
Cook the pears and spices, stirring and mashing the pears continuously, until the mix is thick and the pears are tender. This will take you about about 7-9 minutes. Then, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Set the mix aside while you cook the pork.
Combine the remaining spices in a bowl. This is your rub. Rub the pork chops with the mixture, and heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the pork and cook until well browned and cooked through, which takes about 6 minutes for each side.
Top with the sauce and serve. This makes for a great and quick dinner.
The recipe is below!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 ripe pears, peeled and chopped
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1½ lbs boneless center cut pork chops, ½-inch thick
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the pears, ½ teaspoon of cinnamon, and the nutmeg.
- Cook, stirring and mashing the pears continuously, until thick and the pears are tender, about 7-9 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Set aside while you cook the pork.
- Combine the remaining cinnamon, salt, paprika and pepper in a bowl.
- Rub the mixture over the pork.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork and cook until well browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes on each side.
- Top with sauce and serve.
This recipe is clean and free of added sugar. It is keto, paleo, whole 30, and NSNG friendly. So, it gets an angel icon/rating! Pork Quote.