“A hen is only an egg’s way of making another egg.” – Samuel Butler (chicken quote)
This healthy lemon and rosemary chicken legs recipe is quick an easy, but does require marinating. I like to do that the night before. From there, it is a super quick and easy healthy dinner for your family.
- 3 pounds chicken legs, bone-in
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- Trim away as much fat as possible from the chicken legs. Leave the skin intact; it will keep the chicken moist as it bakes.
- Blend the oil, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, and pepper until thick and smooth to make the mariande. Combine the chicken legs and marinade in a bowl or resealable plastic bag and turn to coat. Cover or seal and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet or pan. Top with lemon slices and bake until cooked through (165 degreesF), about 40 minutes. Serve at once, garnished with the roasted lemon slices and sprinkled with additional chopped rosemary.