Looking for an easy crock pot Cream of Mushroom soup recipe? Look no further! This is a great simple slow cooker cream of mushroom soup that you could also cook up and simmer on the stove. It is perfect both for cold weather comfort food and for spring wild mushrooms. This recipe is NSNG (no sugar, no grain) and keto friendly.
Winter comes and I go into a hibernation mode. If there is a reason for me to stay inside where it is warm, then I’m there! Especially when the snow falls. Scraping off ice from the car? Freezing in the car? Big bulky coats? Slippery roads? No, thank you! I will sit at home, next to the fire, Amazon Priming away, sipping on a bowl of cream of mushroom soup.
Don’t get me wrong. I love the snow! It’s beautiful. But when it’s out – I like to grab a book and blanket and curl on the couch. Just like my activities change in the winter, so does the food I enjoy. Winter brings a whole new level of love for comfort foods. While I enjoy them all year long, there is just something about winter that makes me love them even more. Creamy and hearty are two things that I look for in a soup. This Crock Pot cream of mushroom soup is definitely both of those making it one of my favorite go-to soup’s.
Besides being delicious, this Crock Pot cream of mushroom soup is my favorite for a few other reasons too. It is an inexpensive dinner and usually, we have everything on hand. No extra trips to the grocery store? To me, that’s winning! Using simple, wholesome ingredients, this soup is a true example of sometimes basic recipes end up being the best. And speaking of simple, this recipe is a cinch to put together! Dice a few vegetables, pour it into the slow cooker, set and forget.
Which means, I have time to grab the blanket and my book and curl up by the fire.
How to Make Crock Pot Cream of Mushroom Soup
Start by washing and removing the stems from the mushrooms. Save the stems for later. I used button mushrooms, but you can use any kind of edible mushroom!
Slice the mushroom caps and dice the stems and onion together. Saute the mushrooms and onion for roughly 3-5 mins or until tender. Then add it all to the slow cooker, aka Crock Pot.
Dice up some fresh rosemary leaves so they are same size as the thyme leaf. Then, add the rosemary and thyme mix to the slow cooker.
Mix the vegetable base and water together in a bowl and add to the slow cooker.
Pour in the cornstarch, salt, pepper, bay leaf and heavy cream. Give it a stir and add the lid. Slow cook in the Crock Pot on high for 4 hours. Then stir and serve! Garnish with fresh basil or parsley.
If you desire, you can simmer the recipe on the stove instead.
I really hope that try this slow cooker creamy mushroom soup! I promise, this soup might sound basic, but it so delicious that it tastes anything but basic. It is surely to become one of your favorite soups too.
- 1 large white onion diced
- 1 package white button mushrooms (10 oz sliced)
- 4 stalks fresh thyme leave, leaves removed from the stem
- 1 spring fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp of vegetable or chicken base (I use better than bouillon)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Pinch of ground pepper
- Wash and de-stem the mushrooms.
- Dice the stems and onion together.
- Slice the mushroom caps and saute them with the stems and onion for roughly 3-5 mins or until tender.
- Add the mushrooms and onions to the slow cooker.
- Dice the rosemary leaves, so that they are same size as the thyme leaf.
- Add the rosemary and thyme mix to the slow cooker.
- Mix the vegetable (or chicken) base and water together in a bowl and add to the slow cooker.
- Pour in the cornstarch, salt, pepper, bay leaf and heavy cream.
- Stir all ingredients together and seal the lid.
- Set slow cooker to high for 4 hours.
- Once done, stir thoroughly and serve!
- Garnish with fresh basil or parsley
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178 Total Fat: 12 gg Carbohydrates: 12 gg Protein: 5 gg
Don’t forget to pin our slow cooker aka Crock Pot cream of mushroom soup!