This recipe is certainly silly. It says to separate the eggs, but it doesn’t say how far to separate them.- Gracie Allen (egg quote).
Deviled eggs are always a hit in my house, then one day I tried making an avocado chicken salad recipe that used avocado instead of mayo, and it was awesome! So I wondered what it would be like to make deviled eggs the same way. Hence this recipe for healthier guacamole deviled eggs.
I do mine simple and just garnish with paprika, but if you want to get fancy, you can add bacon and scallions as garnish as well.
- Dozen eggs
- 2 Ripe avocados
- 4 t lime juice
- ¼ t garlic powder
- ¼ t onion powder
- ¼ t paprika
- Boil the eggs and peel
- Cut eggs in half and remove yolks (set aside)
- Cut avocados in half and remove the pits
- Spoon the avocado into a bowl and mash with a fork
- Add the egg yolks, lime juice, garlic powder, and onion powder tot he bolw and mix thoroughly
- Spoon the avocado mix back into the egg halves
- garnish with paprika