Jalepinos are wonderful things. They are spicy and tasty and, when stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon, and grilled, they are truly decadent! They also are easy to make.
These are super simple to make. The recipe below calls for cutting a slice out of each jalepino to stuff them, but you can also cut them in half and then either wrap each half or put the halves back together. These can also be made under the broiler in your oven if you don’t want to grill them.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 16 whole jalapeno peppers
- 8 slices bacon ( cut in half)
- Preheat an outdoor grill on medium to medium low heat, and lightly oil it.
- Mix together the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Cheddar cheese until completely blended.
- Cut the a small lengthwise slice from each pepper to expose the seeds and white membrane.
- Save the slices.
- With a teaspoon handle or butter knife, scrape out the seeds and membrane of each pepper, leaving them hollow.
- Chop up the pepper slices, and mix them into the cheese stuffing.
- Stuff each pepper with the cheese mixture.
- Wrap each stuffed pepper in a half bacon slice.
- Push a toothpick into each pepper to secure the bacon.
- Grill the stuffed peppers on a less hot portion of the grill until the peppers are hot and and the bacon is browned, about 30 minutes.