I love guacamole, and while you can buy it premade, nothing tastes better than the real deal made from scratch in your kitchen! Fortunately it is also ridiculously easy to make.
When buying avacodos, look for ones that are soft to the touch. Those totally green hard ones are not ripe yet! You want to be able to easily scoop out the avocado meat. I make guacamole with just onion, tomato, lime, fresh cilantro, and garlic. If you like it spicy, add a pinch of cayenne pepper. It you like it really spicy, add some chopped jalepeno too.
- 3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalepino (optional)
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits
- Scoop the avocado meat into a medium bowl
- Using a fork, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt.
- Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic.
- If desired, add cayenne pepper and/or jalepino.
- Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor but you can also serve it immediately.