Hummus is great as a snack dip, but it also can be used in other ways, often to lighten up or make other recipes and make them more healthy. Here are my top ten uses for hummus.
1) Use it in place of mayo: Add hummus to your sandwich instead of mayonnaise, or try making your next chicken or egg salad sandwich with part hummus instead of all mayo. You can also make hummus deviled eggs by using hummus instead of mayo with the yolks.
2) Make a hummus breakfast sandwich: Top english muffins with hummus and add egg, ham, and veggies.
3) Make a quick salad dressing: Blend hummus with a bit of vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper for a simple and healthy dressing.
4) Use in place of Butter: Spread hummus on your toast or bagels instead of butter or cream cheese. Try it on top of baked potatoes too!
5) Make hummus mashed potatoes: Add hummus to mashed potatoes for an extra flavor kick and creamy texture
6) Make hummus portobello caps: Grill or broil some portobello mushroom caps and top them with hummus.
7) Make hummus pizza: Instead of standard pizza sauce, spread hummus on a pizza crust, top with
veggies, and bake.
8) Make eggs interesting: Add a spoonful of hummus to scrambled eggs or omelets before cooking.
9) As a topping for fish: Spread hummus on top of fish fillets (it works especially well with salmon), add seasoned bread crumbs, and bake.
10) Use it as a meat dipping sauce: Hummus tastes great as a sauce for kebabs. Add some garlic to spice it up.