Ice Cream Bread is one of the easiest tasty dessert items on the planet. You can make it with just two ingredient. Yes, two: Ice cream and self-rising flour. Then it is baked. Yep, you bake the ice cream, and a magical tasty cake-like bread appears! The most common variations are vanilla and chocolate, but you can do this with any ice cream flavor to come up with a really unique ice cream bread desserts. You can also add things like nuts or chocolate chips!
One important key to doing this is to use full fat and full sugar ice cream. The diet stuff doesn’t come out as well. So this one definitely falls in the dessert category and gets our devilish snack rules rating.
The recipe calls for using a loaf pan, but you can use just about any pan for this, even cake pans or muffin pans. You might have to adjust baking time down a bit for flatter or smaller pans. This bread only keeps a couple of days, so eat it quickly. But trust me, you won’t have a problem doing that! Oh and obviously it is suggested that you serve it with ice cream!
- 2 cups softened ice cream
- 1½ cups self rising flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8.5"x4.5" or similar size loaf pan.
- In medium bowl, mix the softened ice cream and self rising flour, until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour the mix into the pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out fairly clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
Photo Credit: Tina Marie of Adventures In The Baking Aisle (Flickr Creative Commons Image).
When I’m no longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg. –Snoop Dogg (Ice Cream Quote)